PARK24 GROUP and Sustainability
Our Thoughts and Desires
A desire to eliminate illegal parking worldwide
The PARK24 GROUP was started from this desire.
And from this desire, Times PARKING was born, a by-the-hour parking service where anyone can park anytime and only when needed.
If there were a car sharing service where people could share cars by the hour paired with parking facilities where a location is shared by the hour, people's movements would become more free and convenient.
The Times CAR mobility service was developed from this thought.
TIMES started with sharing parking facilities and cars for transportation, and today, we are expanding to make communities or destinations more comfortable.
Through offering unprecedented comfort and convenience through TIMES, we will create both a better society and something that is sustainable.
That is the world we aim for.
Services to Solve Social Issues
A safe society through parking services
Illegal parking disappears when offering parking facilities that can be used when and where needed. Because of this, our parking services come in a variety of forms, including hourly, monthly, and by reservation. We also offer the most parking facilities in Japan, and we continue to expand our network.
By eliminating illegal parking, traffic congestion and cruising around in a car are also eliminated, leading to a decrease in illegal parking-related traffic accidents. We hope to make this car-based society safer through our parking services.
Convenient societies and regional revitalization through mobility services
Times CAR is a mobility service where users can rent a car only when they need to travel by car. It increases people's transportation options, makes travel more convenient, and brings greater richness to life.
We can also contribute to local last-mile transportation by setting up Times CAR in tourist spots and depopulated regions.
Circular Economy Business Model
In recent years, there has been growing calls to shift from a linear economic model based on mass production, mass consumption, and mass disposal, toward a circular economic model. In a circular economy, cyclical socioeconomic activities maximize added value through services while effectively utilizing stocks, and minimizing resource inputs and consumption quantities. This type of circular economy is increasingly needed for sustainable growth over the medium- to long-term future. (Source: Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, Circular Economy Vision 2020).
Based on the sharing of cars and parking facilities, the business models behind the PARK24 GROUP’s core parking and mobility services are optimized for the circular economy in the sense that they maximize added value by increasing the utilization of each services.
We will continue to generate sustainable economic value through the evolution of service models that solve environmental and social issues, including reducing environmental impact and unauthorized parking, under a medium-term strategy calling for the expansion and seamless integration of our four networks (people, cars, communities, and parking facilities).
How mobility services reduce environmental impact
We have estimated the reduction effect in environmental impact through the Times CAR service based on Times CAR member surveys on transportation behaviors *1 and usage data.
A single Times CAR vehicle provides transportation needs *3 equivalent to 16 individually-owned cars. *2
A single Times CAR vehicle can effectively use the resources of 15 cars.
Times CAR reduces CO2 emissions by 26% per kilometer traveled compared to traveling in an individually-owned car. *4
- *1A survey conducted by the PARK24 GROUP between 2021 and 2022 on the transportation behaviors of Times CAR members before and after joining
- *2This includes cars owned by private citizens and corporations
- *3Estimate based on the following responses by Times CAR members in the survey on transportation behaviors: "I got rid of my own car" and "I decided not to purchase a new car"
- *4An estimate based on a simulation model that was created by combining distance distribution for a normal trip estimated from Times CAR usage data with changes in transport methods, travel distance, and car model before and after joining based on the survey of transportation behaviors. The reduction effect in CO2 emissions is the overall value of reductions in travel frequency and distance by car, reductions due to ride sharing, and reductions due to fuel improvements.
- *The above data estimates overall Times CAR usage based on Times CAR member surveys on transportation behavior and actual usage, and does not guarantee reductions in individual use. The above data was estimated by Park24 Co., Ltd.